Android indoor sdk jar/aar download

Where can I download a jar or aar file for the android indoor sdk? I am developing in appcelerator so I can’t just add the dependency to my gradle file. I downloaded the regular android sdk from maven repository and it worked great but I can’t find a download for the android indoor sdk.

Hi,

Latest version of the Estimote Indoor SDK for Android can be downloaded from this link: https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/estimote/indoorsdk/1.0.0/indoorsdk-1.0.0.aar
You can refer to the enclosing folders structure to get the bigger picture of the stuff we are delivering: https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/estimote/

Please note that the official project structure we are supporting is the regular Java/Kotlin gradle/maven-based setup.
One important thing you have to keep in mind when you are not using gradle/maven is that the libraries we are delivering are NOT “fat-jars”.
In other words - All internal or third-party libraries our SDK depends on is not directly included “inside” our SDK library file. All stuff our SDK depends on is simply listed out as a maven/gradle dependency.
I’m not familiar with appcelerator build tooling and how it handles libraries with external dependencies (which is super-common case in java world :)). However - if you simply add just indoorsdk-1.0.0.aar to your build and you end up with nasty “class def not found” exception, then you’ll have to add all libraries we are depending on manually.

Regards
Wojtek

1 Like

Thanks! I think this also answers another issue that I have not been able to solve: when using the regular android sdk in appcelerator I was unable to call methods on the Beacon objects returned from the ranging listener (however I was able to call methods on a beacon object I manually constructed…), and I now suspect this might be because there is an external dependency that is not included in the project.

Do you know of a good way for me to find out what all the dependencies are for the Estimote SDKs? The one way I found is using a jar analyzer but if there are any other methods I would be interested to know.

Nevermind! I just learned that the .pom file contains all the dependencies.

Hi,
Yup - pom files provide you information about all libraries our SDK depends on :slight_smile:

Regards
Wojtek