REST Api beacon management

We have our own rails back-end and we want to allow our users to do some simple beacon management from our dashboard. Using the rest api we can get a list of all the beacons on our account with the /v1/beacons endpoint, which is a good starting point, but I’m wondering if there is any way to:

A) Filter and/or limit results from the /v1/beacons endpoint. Right now we’re just getting a dump of every beacon on our account. Not a big deal right now since we have < 50 beacons, but it’ll start to become pretty inefficient and messy as soon as we ramp up a bit.

B) Update simple beacon properties like name and tags. I see that there are a few endpoints in private beta that enable users to set asynchronous settings changes for things like advertising interval, power level, etc. but I don’t see anything in the documentation for updating the simple identifier properties.

Are these types of things possible, but not documented? Or are they just not implemented in the API yet?

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing! These things are not yet possible with our REST API, but it’s feedback like yours which help us drive the improvements and expansion of the API (: We’ll put this on the roadmap—in the meantime, if you have any other thoughts, feel free to let us know.

If you also want to help us beta-test the currently private methods you mentioned, please shoot me a message (:

Have you also heard about our OAuth support? You can read more here: http://blog.estimote.com/post/118956940530/oauth-support-makes-it-easier-to-build