Raging via proximity sdk

Hi,
I am trying to update estimote sdk to estimote proximity sdk in my code, but i can’t able to find the method for ranging in proximity android sdk. I need to know whether ranging is possible in proximity sdk.

To simplify the API, we’ve done away with the concept of ranging. The good news is, everything that could’ve been done with ranging, can be done with the new APIs. If you can share your code, or tell us how you’re using ranging, we can help with the migration.

Hi Piotr,
I am using the following sample code for ranging. Please help me out to migrate this into proximity sdk.

private BeaconManager beaconManager;
private BeaconRegion region; 
@Override
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
    super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

beaconManager = new BeaconManager(this);
    region = new BeaconRegion("ranged region",
            UUID.fromString("B9407F30-F5F8-466E-AFF9-25556B57FE6D"), null, null);
    beaconManager.connect(new BeaconManager.ServiceReadyCallback() {
        @Override
        public void onServiceReady() {
            beaconManager.startRanging(region);
        }
    });

beaconManager.setRangingListener(new BeaconManager.BeaconRangingListener() {
        @Override
        public void onBeaconsDiscovered(BeaconRegion region, List<Beacon> list) {
            if (!list.isEmpty()) {

}
        }
    });
}

If you just want to trigger some action when you’re in range of a beacon (I’m looking at your !list.isEmpty() check), then the onEnterAction should do the trick.

https://developer.estimote.com/proximity/android-tutorial/#create-proximity-zone-objects

I will send you an email regarding the above to explaining the code what we are upto.