How do I enable beacon accelerometer in the IOS app?

Hi - I just received the new beacons, The IOS app detects the beacons and also shows the temperature. I want to enable the accelerometer and see the animation in the app as indicated in the video. I only see a “Flip to Sleep Mode” option and not the “Enable Accelerometer” option as indicated in the video.

Ideas?

Best Regards

Bhasker

The new beacons automatically enable/disable the accelerometer depending on whether you’re using any features that require it or not (: For example, if you enable the Estimote Telemetry packet, which makes the beacon broadcast all of its sensor data, then our firmware automatically enables the accelerometer.

What app are you working on?

Thanks for the quick reply. I did enable the Telemetry packets. Currently I’m just using the the Estimote IOS app to get a sense of the range and sensitivity of the beacons.

Is there any way for the Estimote app to indicate the accelerometer readings it’s receiving? I notice it displays the temperature. If there’s something similar that will save us some time as we evaluate the beacons. If not the Estimote app, is there any other sample/test/demo app we could use to display the accelerometer readings?

The accelerometer video indicated that the Etsimote app would reflect sensor motion by animating the image of the beacon.

Best Regards

Bhasker