Setting up Estimote Beacons with Rover Labs App

Hello - I am trying to put together a proof of concept for using beacons at our company retail location. To do this, I have purchased 3 estimote beacons and downloaded the app from Rover Labs. I am unable to get the Rover app to see the beacons and assume I’m missing something in my set-up. Has anyone gone through this process and can provide some assistance? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello,

In general you should ask this question on Rover forum. But I think in this case problem is quite simple. When you create account Rover assigns default Proximity UUID to you. This Proximity UUID may be different then default Estimote Proximity UUID (B9407F30-F5F8-466E-AFF9-25556B57FE6D) that is used in fresh beacons. So just change Proximity UUID in Rover panel (General/Account) to one I mention above and re login to the app - should work fine then.

Let me know if it worked for you!
Marcin

Thank you, I appreciate the help. I am able to see 2 of the 3 beacons, but not the third for some reason. I made a change and its status seems to be stuck in “Pending Settings,” which may be why it’s not showing up in the app.