Is there interferences when using Beacon(BLE) and Embedded Device(Classic Bluetooth) at the same time?

I’m trying to make bluetooth application in android studio.
there are two different types of Bluetooth, BLE and Classic.

First , it attempts to connect to embedded device(Classic Bluetooth).
Transfering between my application and a embedded device works well.

But bluetooth socket is closed suddenly when starting scan estimote beacons with beaconManager.startRainging();

The log cat message

05-23 18:19:44.866: E/BluetoothChatService(512): java.io.IOException: bt socket closed, read return: -1
05-23 18:19:44.866: E/BluetoothChatService(512):    at android.bluetooth.BluetoothSocket.read(BluetoothSocket.java:429)
05-23 18:19:44.866: E/BluetoothChatService(512):    at android.bluetooth.BluetoothInputStream.read(BluetoothInputStream.java:96)
05-23 18:19:44.866: E/BluetoothChatService(512):    at java.io.InputStream.read(InputStream.java:162)
05-23 18:19:44.866: E/BluetoothChatService(512):    at com.example.android.BluetoothChat.BluetoothChatService$ConnectedThread.run(BluetoothChatService.java:485)

So i wonder that there is interferences when using Beacon(BLE) and Embedded Device(Classic Bluetooth) at the same time. please help. Thank you.

Interesting behavior. My bet is that it might depend on device hardware and low level drivers. Try to test it on several different devices with different versions of Android and try if you can repeat this scenario.
Which Android device and version are you using and what is Estimote SDK version that is causing this to happen?

1 Like