Assessing accelerometer and temp functionality for beacon through android SDK

@lapserdaq Yes, they do have full access to sensors in Android SDK.

Cool.
What about Cordova-plugin-ibeacon, is it possible to get access to beacon sensors ?

Cordova plugins are just wrappers around our native SDKs, so they can’t do things that the native SDK can’t So for example, if the Android SDK can’t access sensors in beacons yet, then the wrapper won’t be able to do that as well.

hi i implemented the same 
 every thing working fine 
 only for loop is not working -" for (Eddystone e : eddystones) ". Can you help with that

What’s the error message?

App is running but it shows nothing. I will try to implement again. Thanks for help

Hi there!
Is the accelerometer raw data of estimote beacon available to android developers now?

1 Like

I’m not sure if it matters by the different devices, but I have some stickers I just received and I can see the broadcast of raw data when configuring them to broadcast as Nearables. This is a debuting line from a nearable discovery:

Nearable{identifier=‘c902a6157540b38d’, hardwareVersion=‘SB0’, firmwareVersion=‘Unknown’, bootloaderVersion=‘Unknown’, firmwareState=APP, temperature=31.0, rssi=-58, isMoving=false, xAcceleration=343.75, yAcceleration=484.375, zAcceleration=-812.5, orientation=HORIZONTAL, currentMotionStateDuration=420, lastMotionStateDuration=0, batteryLevel=HIGH, power=LEVEL_7, region=Region{identifier=nearable-c902a6157150b38d, proximityUUID=d0a3fa86-ca76-45ec-9cc9-6af4c902a615, major=28960, minor=45965, secure=false}, type=Unknown, color=Unknown}

Hope that helps!

Our next-generation beacons (Location Beacons + the Proximity Beacons w/ NFC) support Estimote Telemetry packet, which like the Nearable packet includes raw x/y/z acceleration.

More about Estimote Telemetry here: http://developer.estimote.com/sensors/estimote-telemetry/

Hello,

Is this issue solved now?.. I need to read some data from the beacon’s accelerometer in my Raspberry Pi 3, and I actually am new in this, could you help me?

@heypiotr Hi, I want to get temperature value from a particular beacon on Android. I used approach proposed by you with enabling Eddystone UID and TLM. However I’m scanning beacons using iBeacon. Is there a way I could get temperature and distance at the same time to a specific beacon? Since distance comes from iBeacon and temperature from Eddystone TLM, how can I bind them so that I know those values come from the same beacon?

1 Like

Hi sir,
I was trying the same but i am getting eddystones(List) as an empty list.
Is there something else i should to get the data?